About Me

My photo
Hello! I will be working at Walt Disney World in Florida this summer working in Quick Service Food and Beverage. I cannot wait to go, I fly on the 6th May - I am counting down the days.

Saturday 12 May 2012

I am here.

Well everyone this is my first post in Orlando. I'll just give you an overview of what has happened in the last couple of days. On the 6th May 2012, I woke up at 6am and I left for the airport at 7:30am. I met up with Amy, Charlie and Ema in the airport we checked in with 8 cases between us. We were suppose to leave Manchester airport at 11am but we were delayed 30mins and we were suppose to land in Orlando International at 3:25pm but we landed at 3pm, which is good. We cleared immigration within an hour and a half and got the Mears shuttle bus to Vista. After arriving we checked in and found out what housing complex we would be staying, I am at Vista Way and I have 5 other roommates, 3 Canadians (Paige, Abbey and Audrey) and 2 English (Amy and Leah). I am so happy and lucky that I have Amy as my roommate. We put our bags in our room and went straight to Walmart to get some essentials, once getting back for the supermarket we unpacked and went to bed.

My Apartment Door at Vista.
The next morning we went to a checked in at Vista and went welcome meeting at The Commons. In the welcome meeting we were told about this Cast Member only pool party at Typhoon Lagoon that night and it was free. So we decided to go, what a night! Best way to start the summer. Tuesday we went to the Commons for 2 more meetings, one to fill out more paperwork and to find out what park we were working in and the other was an immigration presentation, both very boring. This is where I found out where I would be working, I am working in Magic Kingdom on Main Street, USA. After that we went to Downtown Disney to have a look around as we didn’t have our Disney I.D’s yet. We had a lovely meal at the Rainforest Cafe, I had Cheeseburger and Chips and we all shared a Volcano. Wednesday was Traditions which started off really boring and then picked up. Mickey Mouse came in about half way through which was really good. He’s so cute! Also at Traditions we had a backstage tour and a park tour of Magic Kingdom, very hot outside especially because we all had black on. Because it was traditions it meant we got our Disney I.D so that meant that we could go into the parks now for free. So after Traditions a few of us went to Magic Kingdom J first ride of the summer was Space Mountain, we literally walked onto the attraction. We also went on Splash Mountain, Its a Small World, the Tea Cups and a few more. We didn’t stay for the parade or the fireworks because we were all exhausted.


My Name Tag.
Thursday was the start of my training for my new role, I had a class to attend ‘Once Upon a Time...Is Now!’ from 7:15am to 3:45pm this was my theme park orientation, long day! I was up at 5am and I got the bus from Vista at 6:15am. This day was pretty interesting we had another backstage tour and park tour around Magic Kingdom as that’s where I will be working. The tour was in more depth this time plus we were allowed to go on 2 attractions which was fun they were Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and the Haunted Mansion. Once the class had finished we were taken over to Costuming to get our costumes for our role, I am working at the Main Street Bakery and the Ice Cream Parlour. My costume is shocking! After my class a few of us was going to go Hollywood Studios but we decided not to go in the end because we were all very tired. So went for tea at Applebees and crashed out after that. Friday had another class from 8am to 12:30pm which was ‘Food and Beverage Core Cafe’ basically telling me all the safety procedures, what to do and what not to do when it comes to food. That was the most boring class I have been in yet. Once that was over we were taken to Costuming again, this time to get our slip-resistant shoes. They are awful too! After my class a few of us went to Epcot, that was the first time I had been to Epcot as I didn’t go last time I was here. We went on Spaceship Earth, Mission: Space (more intensive and less intensive), Finding Nemo, Captain EO, Figment and the attraction in the Norway Pavilion. We went all around the world in all the pavilions, the United Kingdom Pavilion is so stereotypical. We had tea at the Electric Umbrella which wasn’t very nice at all, then we left to go to Magic Kingdom to watch the parade and Wishes. We didn’t end up watching the parade as we went on the People Mover and onto Space Mountain as the wait for them was nothing. Once wishes was over we went home, I accidentally fell asleep on the bus oops! As soon I got home I went to bed.

The Castle just before 'Wishes'.
That's basically it for the first couple of days, today is now Saturday which is my first day at work. My first couple of shifts are grim, today I am on 5:30pm to 1:45am, Sunday I am on 6:30pm to 2:45am (Extra Magic Hours), Monday I am 4:30pm to 12:45am, Tuesday I am on 12:30pm to 8:45pm, Wednesday I am on 9:15am to 5:30pm and then I have Thursday off. Friday I am on 4:15pm to 10:15pm and Saturday I am on 4:30pm to 12:45am. I cannot wait for my day off already, I also cannot believe I only have 1 day off a week. I am going to talk to someone about that, I dont see how that is fair! Anyways...


Have a magical day,
Shauna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment